classical progress

Fortunately today there was rain,  so i wasn't required to work for money.  Mind you,  hanging with Ch. on holidays feels like work sometimes.  
Today's "work" on my bike began modestly,  with during the replacement battery.  Being the correct model battery,  fitting was enjoyable and straight forward.  It required no bodging up, no creative engineering.  
But starting was a bit piggish. Too piggish, to the point it had me concerned.  Earlier,  I'd made a failed attempt at taking the handlebars,  but these electric controls were too complicated to budge enough to properly reset the levers.  I had to return it all to factory settings.  I thought I'd upset something along the way. I removed the spark plug and air filter,  finding both soiled in their own peculiar ways.  Soon after she fired up, but reluctantly.  A run up V Rd reinforced my concern; she was running like a headless chook! 
In the afternoon I took hey out again.  This time heavy handed on the throttle,  both up and down V Rd and she finally cleared her throat and began running well, really well.  She pulled up the steep paved section in second, easily,  joyously,  powerfully.  
Nest step is to go for a Blue Roadworthy Inspection,  tomorrow hopefully.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

leatherman blade from ukraine

notes on the previous owner