notes on the previous owner

Retired army pretty officer, and self reported adrenaline junkie.  
Reported having not had RE rego'd for "two years" but some old rego papers found in a jacket sold with the bike indicated that it had not been registered for three years. 
Rather than expire and lapse,  the registration was stopped perhaps the result of a near miss or bout of our mental health,  though i am only guessing.  
The RE was bought new and without a pillion seat due to The Wife's demand that he not double with their children on the back.
The RE was only ridden in fine weather on more scenic routes and occasionally to work.  
The decision to sell was in response to The Wife's Ultimatum: " too sell my truck or the bike and i love my truck". 
He spoke freely of service in the army as a special force in Kandahar. He told stories of drones and how in armed conflict it was only legal to shoot the enemy as they were in the process of throwing a grenade,  having removed the pin and their arm motioning forwards. Naturally notional enemies were shot in that moment of attackattack,  as required by the lawyers.  

I bought the bike unridden and unstarted. (I had loaned my booster pack needed to kick her over). I told Sarge that I would just trust him,  he added, "you know where I live". 
It pretty much started first go. It ran a little rough until the old fuel was burned off, but now runs cleanly and crisply,  just like a new bike.  It had 7600klm on the clock.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

leatherman blade from ukraine